Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,

First few months with a pool. I've been reading up on the articles in this forum, including the SWG calculator. My FC is really high, because I run my pumps on minimum gpm (for SWG, 28gpm) 24/7. So to get to a normal production amount of chlorine, I need the SWG to not generate chlorine for a few days so I can then set it into appropriate range, then set the settings to the ones I calculated (which ended up being 57% output for the pool running for 19hrs, and 10% output for the spa running for 5 hrs).

When I look at the SWG, all lights are on, including all of the horizontal lights indicating output (I think thats what they indicate), which I assume means 100% output. I've checked in intellicenter, everything is set to 0%. I've had it running for a few days configured at 0% and FC is still high, hasn't moved at all.

Is there somewhere else the SWG could be receiving instructions that would override what is in intellicenter?

All equipment is new, installed in october.

further google searching, apparently intelichem will control intellichlor and run at 100% until ORP range is hit -- if it's producing too much chlorline, what should I adjust?

Can I set intellichem to only control acid, and then use my output percentages for Chlorine?

Was just reading about that in the intellichem-further reading doc.

Quick question... can I do this step at a later time?
  1. Disconnect/Remove ORP probe, replace with PVC pipe/cap (1/2” x 4” PVC riser, 1/2” PVC cap FPT)
i dont have those PVC pieces handy, and would like to disable ORP tonight so chlorine can start mellowing out

Thank you!

Forgive my ignorance, @mknauss, how do I "disconnect" the probe? That seems like something I can do tonight.

is it as simple as Putting intellicenter in service mode, and pull connection off top of probe, then turn service mode off?

I do not have the system so do not know. I would try it as I can’t see how you will hurt anything.

Thank you @mknauss . I'm new to all of this, so not sure how easy it may or may not be to damage an expensive piece of equipment.

I just removed the probe connection and taped the top of the probe connection and the wire conneciton with electrical tape to keep any weather/elements from them.

SWG no longer has the 100% output reading, so that is good.

The intellicenter is showing ORP at 175mV and has the alarm... even after following the steps in further reading. I assume this is ok, since its not even reading ORP at the moment?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is the problem?

AFAIK the IntelliCenter does nothing to control the IntelliChem. The IntelliChem operates on its own. The IntelliCenter is just a carrier of messages from the IntelliChem.