Any Advice Before Install

Sorry. I don't know any anti rain dances
I do. All I have to do is let my pool get a bit low and wait for it to rain instead of using the hose. *Poof*. Instant drought. Everytime. :ROFLMAO:

I can subsequently *make* it rain by filling it a bit too much. A week of slop blows in unexpectedly, also with 100% repeatability.

There are fewer fittings with the loop system, but from what I've read on here, the binary system would balance the returns better??? Thanks!

Pool Water Return Systems.jpg

I do. All I have to do is let my pool get a bit low and wait for it to rain instead of using the hose. *Poof*. Instant drought. Everytime. :ROFLMAO:

I can subsequently *make* it rain by filling it a bit too much. A week of slop blows in unexpectedly, also with 100% repeatability.
Here inCalifornia the way to make it rain is to wash our cars. Or plan a trip to the beach ⛱️🏖️! The old school way is to plan a BBQ

I don't think it makes a big difference if the flow from your returns are balanced or not.

All the return water ends up in the same pool.

Reactions: jkhamr
j,

The loop system will balance the flow better than the binary system.

In the big picture, it will not make a lot of difference..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim, I was leaning towards the loop just because of the fewer fittings. I appreciate the input!

I'm installing 5 CMP adjustable deck jets around my pool. Is there any reason to do a loop system when you can adjust the water flow right at the heads?
Deck Jets.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just and FYI - I bought and installed 4 of those CMP deck jets you posted. ALL four of them leaked at the ball/swivel connection. Its a cheap plastic on plastic joint. Its not a large leak, but about 1 drop out of the bottom of the unit every 10 seconds, which was enough to bother me. The only way I knew this was because mine are installed in landscape rock and not an actual deck. I believe most people install these in the deck and therefore will never know they are leaking.

I replaced them with these brass versions which are really nice and do not leak a drop. I'm still planning on using the plastic housings from the CMP for a decorative cap.

Reactions: jkhamr
Just and FYI - I bought and installed 4 of those CMP deck jets you posted. ALL four of them leaked at the ball/swivel connection. Its a cheap plastic on plastic joint. Its not a large leak, but about 1 drop out of the bottom of the unit every 10 seconds, which was enough to bother me. The only way I knew this was because mine are installed in landscape rock and not an actual deck. I believe most people install these in the deck and therefore will never know they are leaking.

I replaced them with these brass versions which are really nice and do not leak a drop. I'm still planning on using the plastic housings from the CMP for a decorative cap.

I went with the CMP adjustable heads so I could balance them without doing a loop all the way around the pool. I have a jandy valve that will shut all of them off when not in use. So I'm guessing if it's shut off, there is no water going to them, they won't leak? It wouldn't be a big deal to do the loop and use the brass heads you have, then control the pressure at the Jandy valve. I've never understood why a business like CMP wouldn't just design their heads out of brass and call it a day, most of us would be happy paying another 10%-25% for a much better product. Thanks for the input.

A few days ago I got my new pool build plumbing to the point where I could start running the system and take care of the green algae. Started the SLAM process 3 days ago, this mornings numbers are:

FC 6.5
CC 1.0
TC 7.5
CH 450
TA 150
PH 7.8
CYA 70
Salt 3300 - per CircuPool reading - Taylor K-1766 arrives today, will verify

Water is still cloudy, can only see about 12"-18" deep. The pump has been running non stop, with the exception of stopping yesterday to see what filters looked like and to clean. Also, have had pool vac running most of the time.

Will the cloudiness eventually clear up by just letting the pump run or do I need to do something else to clear up the cloudiness? It looks like the only number out of range is the TA, should be 50-90.
Thanks.

Actually, since you are in a SLAM Process now, your FC is way too low. Based on your CYA of 70, the SLAM FC level should be "28". I would first lower the pH to 7.2 per the SLAA instructions with muriatic aicd, then increase (and maintain) the FC of "28" until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. Good luck.

Reactions: jkhamr and proavia
Actually, since you are in a SLAM Process now, your FC is way too low. Based on your CYA of 70, the SLAM FC level should be "28". I would first lower the pH to 7.2 per the SLAA instructions with muriatic aicd, then increase (and maintain) the FC of "28" until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. Good luck.
I plugged that into the Pool Math app and also got 28 FC, but wasn't sure how long to keep that level up. Thanks.
Just checking - when did you first fill your pool?
I started filling it about 3 weeks ago, but that was just to set the liner once I had the vermiculite floor poured. Then it sat for a couple weeks due to non stop rainy weather, I was able to get plumbing done and completed filling it about the middle of last week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.