Replacement pump for US Motors 1081 Pool Motor

rmal75

Aug 7, 2017
Allendale, NJ
Hi all. I appreciate the help in advance. I currently have the Emerson/US Motors 1081 Pool Motor (Model C55CXKLT-5007) on my filter pump. Its been dead since Saturday and I don't have time to hire a pool guy to replace it. That could take weeks by me and I really don't want a green pool next week. Anyway, the motor hums then shuts off on its own by what I assume is some kill switch to prevent it from burning out. After doing my research it seems to me like its corroded since I can see some corrosion building on the outside of the motor in the front on the flange.

I might try to get her spinning with a few hard wraps with a hammer or mallet but its going to need replacement soon so I may as well do it now. Can someone recommend a replacement motor for me that will not corrode in the future? How how can I prevent future corrosion?

Here is the label on my current motor... USMotorsC55CXKLT-5007.jpg
Whats a good replacement?

Saw this on Amazon??? Amazon.com : Century Electric UST1152 1 1/2-Horsepower Up-Rated Round Flange Replacement Motor (Formerly A.O. Smith) : Swimming Pool Pump Parts : Patio, Lawn Garden

Thanks again,
Ryan

OK guys so I took apart my corroded pump. Once most of the corrosion was removed it spun quite freely. Can a professional look at these pictures and suggest putting it back together with a new seal or replacing the motor all together? Thanks! Rmal75

IMG_20170818_170758.jpg

IMG_20170818_170740.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.