First Time Using TF-Pro Salt - Some Grey Matter in Pool

Thanks for chiming in, @reggiehammond ! There's a lot to learn and pump schedule was next on my list once I get the chemicals figured out. I'm kicking on the heat Thursday so will play with the pump this weekend and see how the SWCG reports back.

The debris in my pool right now is off the charts. Two full skimmers a day. The oak's flower buds are killing my pool haha. Did not consider this when I picked where my pool would be, but does offer nice shade in the summer months.
Get a Betta and don't look back. Mine runs all he time and my skimmers are rarely full, even though I have serious tree cover with pine needles etc. Just can't fix the acorns!

We've seen them be particularly all over the map with CYA.

Take their stated claim of +/- 25% at 80 CYA. At 60 you'd be thinking of raising it for your SWG, and at 100 you'd be thinking of draining some. So its either ok, high or low. Gee, thanks Leslie's. :roll:

Plus. Everyone on the forum thinks they're the worst CYA tester. And they're not wrong. Seriously it's like a 400k way tie. :ROFLMAO:

But they're still better than the spintouch any day of the week.
Just spent 2 hours cuz I am sick lazy and dumb. Added dry stabilizer with a bucket full of water. Chased stabilizer all over the pool as it does not break down. Follow the methods.

• Wow
Reactions: reggiehammond
We've seen them be particularly all over the map with CYA.

Take their stated claim of +/- 25% at 80 CYA. At 60 you'd be thinking of raising it for your SWG, and at 100 you'd be thinking of draining some. So its either ok, high or low. Gee, thanks Leslie's. :roll:

Plus. Everyone on the forum thinks they're the worst CYA tester. And they're not wrong. Seriously it's like a 400k way tie. :ROFLMAO:

But they're still better than the spintouch any day of the week.
Retested CYA manually myself yesterday and received 60 to their 50. I'm still raising my CYA, but was good to retest for piece of mind.

I think I am an overly conservative CYA tester and always err on the lower side ... ensuring I can't see the black dot even a little bit.

Reactions: newbie919
Hi All - So my pH has started to get a little wacky and I'm having trouble getting it down from 8.2. TA is now up to 90.

Pool math says I need to add just under a gallon of MA to get down to 7.2, which will help lower TA. My understanding is I should add the gallon over time and not all at once. I can also aerate the pool beyond just what the SWCG does by turning on the slide. How often would you suggest adding some MA and retesting? Would you add every 60 minutes and maybe retest every 120 minutes?

The other day I added MA every 3-4 hours and tested the next morning and it only went down to 7.8 and TA remained the same.

Lower pH in .4 increments. Test after 30 minutes. Reduce again, by .4 or less, until you reach 7.6. When pH gets to 8.0, lower to 7.6.

When TA is between 60-80, then STOP lowering pH to 7.6 and pH should be fairly stable between 7.8-8.0, which is just fine.

Reactions: bbdude