Upgraded to OmniPL now my PH Sense & Dispense is not working.

SampleUser12

Jan 18, 2023
Texas
Hello, I currently upgraded my Hayward ProLogic to OmniPL.

I noticed the new OmniPL board does not have a direct connection for the black/white wire like the older ProLogic had.

I read I’m supposed to wire the black/white wires to a new relay, which we did, exactly as the instructions stated. When I “test” the relay on “Service Mode” the relay kicks on and the PH Disoenser pump begins to dispense Acid.

However, when I go to “Add” the “Chemistry Sense Module” the system can not find it… it’s blank.

I connected the sense & dispense probes to the “LS BUS” connection on top of the new OmniPL board just like the instructions say. But the system still can not find it. I tried all 3 LS BUS connections and nothing, it’s not getting any power.

Anybody know how to troubleshoot this?

I’ll add pictures of the installation and circle the old board connections with the new board without the connections.

Thanks

Picture #1: Old board showing PH Dispenser specific connectors
Picture #2/3: New board where PH Dispenser is connected to
Picture #4: Breaker/Relay wiring.
Picture #5: Old board
Picture #6: New board

Attachments

• IMG_8553.jpeg
    IMG_8553.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8515.jpeg
    IMG_8515.jpeg
    601.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8550.jpeg
    IMG_8550.jpeg
    697.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8557.jpeg
    IMG_8557.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8556.jpeg
    IMG_8556.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 2
Confirm you have the relay the Sense and Dispense powered by ON before you go to ADD the HL-CHEM?

1714508015574.png

Confirm you have the relay the Sense and Dispense powered by ON before you go to ADD the HL-CHEM?

View attachment 569133
How can I do that? I can only get the relay (HVR8) to turn on in “service mode” by overriding the High Voltage Relays. Otherwise, on the regular configuration screen it’s already set to on but it does not turn on unless I override it on “service mode.” On service mode I still can’t find the Sense & Dispense module. Does all wiring look ok?

Attachments

• IMG_8571.jpeg
    IMG_8571.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8572.jpeg
    IMG_8572.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8573.jpeg
    IMG_8573.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 3
Otherwise, on the regular configuration screen it’s already set to on but it does not turn on unless I override it on “service mode.”

You are saying the HVR8 is already set ON where?

And HVR8 does not actually turn on?

With no power to the S&D the Omni cannot get the HUA during the Configuration.

Get HVR8 to work or try a different HVR.

As far as I know, the power for monitoring and thus the HUA comes from the low speed RS-485 bus and not the relay. The relay is to control the dosing pump and only turns on when the logic tells it to turn on to lower PH or add chlorine depending on the setup. I think the problem may be the model of the sense and dispense as it was from a pro logic setup. My sense and dispense model is the HL-CHEM which is tied into my Omnilogic whereas I believe the older ones for the pro logic was named AQL-CHEM. Can you check to see what model you have? If it is the AQL-CHEM it may not be compatible with the Omni system.

You are saying the HVR8 is already set ON where?

And HVR8 does not actually turn on?

With no power to the S&D the Omni cannot get the HUA during the Configuration.

Get HVR8 to work or try a different HVR.
I believe the issue is what Peiloy stated. I do have the AQL-CHEM model sense and dispense for my old ProLogic. It’s probably not compatible. Thank you for your help though, I really appreciate it.

I believe the issue is what Peiloy stated. I do have the AQL-CHEM model sense and dispense for my old ProLogic. It’s probably not compatible. Thank you for your help though, I really appreciate it.
I learned something from this discussion. I did not know the AQL-CHEM and HL-Chem were different and not compatible.

As far as I know, the power for monitoring and thus the HUA comes from the low speed RS-485 bus and not the relay. The relay is to control the dosing pump and only turns on when the logic tells it to turn on to lower PH or add chlorine depending on the setup. I think the problem may be the model of the sense and dispense as it was from a pro logic setup. My sense and dispense model is the HL-CHEM which is tied into my Omnilogic whereas I believe the older ones for the pro logic was named AQL-CHEM. Can you check to see what model you have? If it is the AQL-CHEM it may not be compatible with the Omni system.
I think you are absolutely correct, my system is the AQL-CHEM for the older ProLogic. I guess i am going to have to shed out another $800 or so on the new OmniPL compatible HL-CHEM system. Thank you so much for your help, it’s greatly appreciated!

I learned something from this discussion. I did not know the AQL-CHEM and HL-Chem were different and not compatible.
Yessir, I got in contact with Hayward and they told me that the older AQL-CHEM system did not have a compatible “ID ADDRESS” that communicates with any Omni systems. If anybody has any questions about the OmniPL please let them know to ask me… I pretty much know this system inside out now since I’ve been messing with it for almost 3 weeks and half that time with Hayward on the phone lol!