Trouble with balancing my pool after SLAM method

Apr 27, 2024
lincoln ca
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have finally got my pool from a green pond to a blue hazy color. I cannot believe the amount of chemicals it took to get to here. I have attached a picture of my current levels but am having issues keeping/ raising my FC and PH. My Alkalinity is way high while my saturation is super low. Can someone advise on to how I can balance my pool? I plan to use a flock to drop the rest of the impurities but I know having a balanced pool first helps with the result. TIA

IMG_8337.png

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    445.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8339.jpeg
    IMG_8339.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8340.jpeg
    IMG_8340.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

What test kit are you using?

Hazy water means you have not satisfied the 3 exit criteria of the SLAM Process and you should continue the SLAM.

We do not recommend using floc. Especially for an incomplete SLAM.

Welcome to TFP.

What test kit are you using?

Hazy water means you have not satisfied the 3 exit criteria of the SLAM Process and you should continue the SLAM.

We do not recommend using floc. Especially for an incomplete SLAM.

I am using water guru app for my testing. I feel like my oh needs to be balanced before I add anymore chlorine

Todays results. I have continued the SLAM method and am seeing a lot or results but my alkalinity is still really high. I have added muriatic acid but it barely came down. Suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_8364.jpeg
    IMG_8364.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8366.png
    IMG_8366.png
    453.3 KB · Views: 10
You cannot follow the TFP SLAM Process using the WaterGuru. WaterGuru cannot measure SLAM FC levels.

You need to get a good test kit to use at times like this - Taylor K-2006C or TFT Test Kits

Reactions: dfwnoob
Ok well regardless of the water testing app or test strips the water is crystal clear now. I’m not sure if someone can give me suggestions on how to balance my total alkalinity and saturation which are very high and I’m having trouble getting them down.

Crystal clear water is not always algae free water.