Spanish Fort, Al
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Do I add more bleach to get started on my slam process with this much algae? I’ve had some trouble in the past with the slam process when starting with the suggested amount. Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

No reason to exceed SLAM FC

Follow SLAM Process step by step with no shortcuts.

Test often at the beginning and keep raising FC up to SLAM level.

More important to test often and top off the FC. Even hourly if you can.

Then extend the time between tests as you see less FC loss between tests.

should I bring my ph up to 7.8 before adding the bleach or is that ok ?

Please read ...

and follow it exactly step by step with no shortcuts.

You will find it says before you start check and adjust the pH to between 7.2 and 7.5. The pH test isn’t reliable during a SLAM so adjust pH before you start. There’s no need to test pH again until your SLAM process is completed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please read ...

and follow it exactly step by step with no shortcuts.

You will find it says before you start check and adjust the pH to between 7.2 and 7.5. The pH test isn’t reliable during a SLAM so adjust pH before you start. There’s no need to test pH again until your SLAM process is completed.
I was just reading that again after I asked. Thanks for the quick response.

No before
Those pics you posted are from before. :poke::ROFLMAO:

And now we can refer to them along with the new ones you snap as this plays out. (y)

Cloudy/milky is dead or mostly dead algae. The FC usually holds much better, or will soon. At that point it's shifts from a chemical battle, to a mechanical battle waiting for the filter to do its thing. Keep it at slam as each round of brush/vac may expose new layers of algae on the walls/floor.

Brush and vac at least once a day.

Clean the filter at 25% PSI increases over clean.

Scour every inch hiding in plain sight like the ladder rails holding a couple gallons of old pool water, or inside light niches.