Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am most likely going to install Pentair equipment to upgrade my equipment. A pool contractor is suggesting that I go with an EasyTouch system instead of IntelliCenter because my needs are relatively simple.

I have read many threads on here about these systems and realize the EasyTouch is an older system and likely to be phased out. Additionally the IntelliCenter seems to have a better interface. It seems to me that a huge difference between them is that with IntelliCenter you connect through Pentair servers while with EasyTouch w/ScreenLogic you are connecting directly. Older threads from the early days of IntelliCenter had many complaints of the Pentair servers going down but it seems that is less frequent now.

Is this an issue that would influence the choice of one over the other? Does one provide more information than the other?

EasyTouch was discontinued on Sept 23, 2023.

Sounds like you are confusing Intellicenter with the Intelliconnect. The later uses Pentair servers.

I use Pentair Intellicenter, and connect locally almost all of the time. You can select in the app how you want to connect. The Pentair servers being down, if they ever are, does not impact my daily use of the system. When I am away and want to connect, say crank up the heat before I get home., it always works for me.

Some old school pool builders will always recommend EasyTouch because it is their tried and true system. They have been installing and configuring that for decades and anything "new" like Intellicenter makes them uneasy. It is easier for them to tell you all the things that are wrong with Intellicenter than actuially learn it and install it correctly. If I were to upgrade today, I surely woudnt "upgrade" to a system that has been discontinued and no longer developed. Insist on the Intellicenter, no real reason (other than the pool companys feelings) not to go with the newer system.

Rjb,

I have three saltwater pools and they all have Pentair equipment, including the EasyTouch and ScreenLogic. I absolutely love them...

But... If I were building a new pool, or upgrading a pool today, I would go with the new IntelliCenter. It only makes sense..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.