PAL Low Voltage Pool light

NEWLIFEO1

Feb 22, 2024
Cantonment FL
I have a hayward system installed in 2011 with 2 led pal lights. I have my panel programmed to turn on the lights each night however the pal lights cycle through 5 colors repeatedly. I can lock it to one color by turning off and then quickly back on to change colors and once I stop, that color will stay. However, rhe next night I have to do this again manually. Is there a way to lock a color in until I decide to change it? If not, is there something I can add to my panel to set it up like that?

Attachments

• 20240212_170918.jpg
    20240212_170918.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240212_165756.jpg
    20240212_165756.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 2
You should be able to save the last setting as long as the lights stay on for more than a certain time. If not it's possible your lights or system firmware may not be proper. If it's a new symptom then I would think the lights themselves may not be holding their place. However here is the actual manual instructions for the sync and hold. To re-synchronize your lights, turn the switch on, then back off, then wait between 11 and 14 seconds and turn the switch back on. When the lights come back on, they should enter program #1, and be synchronized. Refer to the included color card as a quick reference to the available programs. (Different generation Hayward lights have different color patterns). They all start with blue then end in themes such as strobe or party etc). Best of luck.

You should be able to save the last setting as long as the lights stay on for more than a certain time. If not it's possible your lights or system firmware may not be proper. If it's a new symptom then I would think the lights themselves may not be holding their place. However here is the actual manual instructions for the sync and hold. To re-synchronize your lights, turn the switch on, then back off, then wait between 11 and 14 seconds and turn the switch back on. When the lights come back on, they should enter program #1, and be synchronized. Refer to the included color card as a quick reference to the available programs. (Different generation Hayward lights have different color patterns). They all start with blue then end in themes such as strobe or party etc). Best of luck.
If these are third party lights and not Hayward designed they may not operate correctly btw. Why should try and stick with certain brands. This is now changing however. Some controllers will now control other brands lights etc. the industry is slowly becoming universal. If these are PAL from another brand that's Probly why they aren't holding their spot. They don't have correct driver technology. If you got Hayward universal color logic lights etc they would work. I just installed 4 320 lights on the same system last month and had to do this sync thing and they now all come on light blue after one push. This may be the reason. Very rarely do other companies sync with other companies equipment in pools from the last 10-15 years. They do it so you are boxed in. I think it's crazy.