Only one main drain if you have two skimmers?

Alvin,

I am not sure that the two things have anything to do with one another..... :scratch:

Having two skimmers would not stop someone from getting stuck on the main drain.

You really only have one main drain, it just normally has two separate covers or one very long cover..

I would get two skimmers no matter what..

What is your pool builders rational??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Alvin,

I am not sure that the two things have anything to do with one another..... :scratch:

Having two skimmers would not stop someone from getting stuck on the main drain.

You really only have one main drain, it just normally have two separate covers or one very long cover..

I would get two skimmers no matter what..

What is your pool builders rational??

Thanks,

Jim R.
I’m not really sure. I talked to him about it and we’re add the other cover. Thanks!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
This is the most attractive and functional type of main drain. It sits flush with the surface so no vacuums get stuck on them and they are "filled" with the the pool plaster/pebble material to blend in. They allow leaves and other larger debris to get in the drain, versus a the standard dual grate type of round drain. They are also rectangular instead of round, which provides a more modern look. Do I have it? No. Do I wish I had it? Yes.

A&A Channel Drain

I see this is now a Pentair product. Must have been part of their buying spree.

Last edited:
Reactions: StuartBound
The hole is dug and we’re doing some of the plumbing now to set it early next week.
That's good if you want to make changes. Definitely isn't too late. I have two skimmers and no main drain and I really like that setup. If you want a MD, get one. If you don't want a MD, now is the time to make the change.

Remember, it's your pool, your money, and your decisions. The PB works for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support