LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
So new pebble plaster,
fc=4
Ph=7.5
TA=130
CH=260

I dropped ph to 7.2 and turned on the waterfalls to get TA down.

They have a puck floater in pool which I don’t mind for now until I get everything balanced. When should I add conditioner? I will use liquid, yes it costs more but I don’t care.

Not adding salt for 30 days so liquid chlorine for now.

So new pebble plaster,
fc=4
Ph=7.5
TA=130
CH=260

I dropped ph to 7.2 and turned on the waterfalls to get TA down.

They have a puck floater in pool which I don’t mind for now until I get everything balanced. When should I add conditioner? I will use liquid, yes it costs more but I don’t care.

Not adding salt for 30 days so liquid chlorine for now.
StoneScapes? Pebble Tech? You should really be following the manufacturer's recommendations. Did your builder not offer any instructions?

Last edited:
Are you kidding me they put a in acid beach tested and left. Pool was filled Sat am, they did not do start up until Monday 1pm.
Dang that sucks. Hopefully the links I provided will get you headed in the right direction. Feel free to ask questions along the way and the experts here will be happy to guide you along the way. Get your own test kit! :) Here are some helpful links.
Test Kits Compared
Pool Care Basics

Well TA is still at 130 PH at 7.2 as I put acid in. Running the waterfalls, I guess I need to do this all day to get PH to come back up and TA to drop? Was just concerned with all the plaster dust when running the water falls rather than full suction at drain and skimmer. I guess lowering TA is more important right now.

Will pick up some conditioner Tomorrow. I have some tricor pucks in for now.

Reactions: cwswifty

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support