New pool going in!

Exactly those !!! The ends get close or even poke through the surface and make rust dots all over the pool.

When they're long enough I'd even tie them together underneath so that they can't accidentally get pulled back up. Anyone walking around down there can snag a few and you're back to square one.

When they're too short to tie up, I'd cut the ends with pliers and lay the twisted part flat on the rebar with a love tap of the pliers.

Reactions: cssnms
Exactly those !!! The ends get close or even poke through the surface and make rust dots all over the pool.

When they're long enough I'd even tie them together underneath so that they can't accidentally get pulled back up. Anyone walking around down there can snag a few and you're back to square one.

When they're too short to tie up, I'd cut the ends with pliers and lay the twisted part flat on the rebar with a love tap of the pliers.
Shouldn't this fall to the pool builder to take care of? I'm going to send my PM a text with a picture asking they address these for the stated reasons. I mean they are ALL OVER.

Shouldn't this fall to the pool builder to take care of?
It *should*. But you'll have to live with any that poke through and rust when the builder is long gone.

While there may be alot of them, this is an easy thing for you to 'if you want something done right....'

Reactions: cssnms and kimkats
It *should*. But you'll have to live with any that poke through and rust when the builder is long gone.

While there may be alot of them, this is an easy thing for you to 'if you want something done right....'
My PM replied and said they have a crew that will go through and take care of them before they shoot the pool on Monday, he said it's standard procedure for them. The shoot foreman who is with my PB and the concrete foreman will be there, as well as a superintendent with my PB to ensure things were addressed before the shoot starts. I can't be there unfortunately, work obligations, but I'll ask my wife to hop in there to check things out before they shoot. ;)

Last edited:
Im Watching You GIF by Superstore

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!!! That looks great! Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

SWEET!!! That looks great! Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:
No I haven't had a chance to bond with it yet, since we've had perfect weather of mist and rain up through this morning. But it looks I will get that chance starting tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the links ill take a read.

I also had my PB connect with Jon Temple who had some suggestions. Jon confirmed that some of the processes involved in start-up can be omitted/changed with the application of MicroGlass.

Last edited:
How do we feel about this?

As I mentioned we've had some rain right after the shell was sprayed to the extent there is some water ponding in the yard around the shell.

I noticed what I'd characterize as weeping at one corner radius. It almost appears the water has carried some clay with it.

The other corners and the rest of the pool walls seems fine. Weeping is not usually considered a good thing when it's found in foundation walls and I don't see how it could be good here if down the road it's coming in behind the plaster.

Thoughts?Compress_20240214_083351_1295.jpgCompress_20240214_083351_1531.jpgCompress_20240214_083351_1758.jpg

According to this article some seepage is normal. I just don't have any context as what qualifies as "normal."

The seepage is fine as long as it dries up before plastering.

Point it out to the builder and ask them to put some hydraulic cement along the corner.

Hydroban can be applied as a water barrier…

The plaster is the waterproofing barrier over gunite that is not waterproof.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support