Bronze Supporter
Aug 25, 2020
Garland, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently discovered the control module for my primary pump “blew up”. I’ve no idea how this happened but there was a recent storm that passed and I believe water somehow got to the module and some things exploded. I found the cover for the button panel of my pump on the floor, the panel is bent with a gasket exposed and condensation under the display. No circuit breakers tripped. It appears the only thing that failed is this control module.

Is this repairable? If so, can anyone direct me on what to look for?

IMG_2235.jpeg

Thanks for the catalog. I was able to call Pentair and determine they have a drive kit which is still being manufactured. Do you have any idea of how to troubleshoot the pump for cause of issue? I don't want to spend $350 on a part that gets replaced and still have issues.

1714515562398.png

I just realized the kit the Pentair rep told me to order does not include any of the electronic parts, it's only the cover. I believe I need to get part number 28. Can someone confirm?

I also did a bit more reading on here and turns out there's not much troubleshooting to do. I checked voltage between L1 and L2 and got 245v. From there on out, it's just the drive unit which seems to have "self destructed". I'm pretty sure I just need to replace the whole drive unit.

1714518099677.png

I just realized the kit the Pentair rep told me to order does not include any of the electronic parts, it's only the cover. I believe I need to get part number 28. Can someone confirm?

I also did a bit more reading on here and turns out there's not much troubleshooting to do. I checked voltage between L1 and L2 and got 245v. From there on out, it's just the drive unit which seems to have "self destructed". I'm pretty sure I just need to replace the whole drive unit.

View attachment 569175
Be sure it is NOT the SVRS but the one above it in the list, but that is the drive assembly, yes. 356879Z. They are available for about $900.00.

@1poolman1
Be sure it is NOT the SVRS but the one above it in the list, but that is the drive assembly, yes. 356879Z. They are available for about $900.00.
Thanks for the confirm and yikes, much more $$$ than I expected!

I did read on other posts that the SVRS is NOT needed. What is this feature exactly?

I did read on other posts that the SVRS is NOT needed. What is this feature exactly?
SVRS = Suction Vacuum Release System

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
*EDIT* I didn't look at the photo closely at first. You have 011018. These drives are stacked differently. My advice below is less relevant. You can still try pulling the display but you may find the pcb is fractured. Your unit is not really split into two components. I left the original post.

The drives we replace on the 011056 are usually damaged at the terminal block extending into the lower sealed portion of the drive assembly.

There is a considerable gap beneath the keypad assembly and the drive assembly. Are you sure the damage extends into the drive?

Have you removed the keypad assembly? I'd love to see images of the display cable and the high voltage block within.

You may only need a new keypad. I have a dozen or so banging around I wouldn't miss..

Last edited:
Thanks for the help all!

Just wanted to share the progress. I removed the old unit and yeah….. electrical explosion. The unit is probably the original and I believe the pool was installed in 2007, so probably just old age malfunction.

IMG_2239.jpeg

I’ve gotten the new one installed and it doesn’t have a circuit board under the keypad. I assume this was for the SVRS feature many advised against and is not needed?

I’m curious what I need to do now with the freshly installed new drive? It’s telling me “pump address 1 not active”. I presume there’s initial setup required. What do I need to do?

IMG_2240.jpeg

Display Not Active means the pump is connected by a RS-485 comm wire to an automation system and under its control.

Is the pump wired to an EasyTouch system?

Is there a RS-485 comm cable plugged into the side data port of the pump?

Display Not Active means the pump is connected by a RS-485 comm wire to an automation system and under its control.

Is the pump wired to an EasyTouch system?

Is there a RS-485 comm cable plugged into the side data port of the pump?
Yes it there is a cable plugged into the side port.
IMG_2241.jpeg

And the automated system is a SunTouch.
IMG_2242.jpeg

Previous owner left me instruction manual for the SunTouch system and I’m currently looking through it to try and find if there’s anything related to this message. No luck so far.

Lol 🤣

Okay, after reading your comment over a few times, it got me thinking all I should do is try to turn on the system and see if it works and it does!

Thanks so much for the help again everyone! I got my pump working again thanks to this community!

Reactions: kylepoolstylin
When you put the SunTouch in SERVICE mode it will release control of the pump, Display Not Active will disappear, and you will be able to control the pump from its control panel.

Glad you got it fixed.

Reactions: bradgray
Put SunTouch Controller in your signature.

Put SunTouch Controller in your signature.
Will do, still learning about my pool despite owning it for 4 years.

When you put the SunTouch in SERVICE mode it will release control of the pump, Display Not Active will disappear
So when I switch it back to AUTO mode, the "Address not found" message appears again. I guess this is normal?

So when I switch it back to AUTO mode, the "Address not found" message appears again. I guess this is normal?

Address not found message on the Suntouch or pump?

Does the pump display go back to Display Not Active?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support