Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi All - Happy almost pool season (for us). I asked the pool company that opens my pool to leave any chemicals they normally add at my pad. Most posters here suggested I should balance the pool myself since pool company seems to just blindly add stuff.

They left quite a bit of liquid chlorine, but also a large bottle of Lo-Chlor Metal Gone. I remember last season they added the entire bottle at opening. Should I add the bottle or stay away so long as my other standard levels are okay?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All - Happy almost pool season (for us). I asked the pool company that opens my pool to leave any chemicals they normally add at my pad. Most posters here suggested I should balance the pool myself since pool company seems to just blindly add stuff.

They left quite a bit of liquid chlorine, but also a large bottle of Lo-Chlor Metal Gone. I remember last season they added the entire bottle at opening. Should I add the bottle or stay away so long as my other standard levels are okay?

Thanks in advance!
Do you have metals in the water? That would be the only reason to add that stuff.

Do you have metals in the water? That would be the only reason to add that stuff.
I ran to Leslie's to find out. Looks like Copper is 0.3 (Iron is 0). They're read out suggests adding 48oz of their 'No Metal', which I assume is essentially the same as Lo_Chlor Metal Gone. They also suggested cleaning my filters a week later - seems excessive considering I'm only 0.1 ppm outside the ideal range.

What do you think?

I ran to Leslie's to find out. Looks like Copper is 0.3 (Iron is 0). They're read out suggests adding 48oz of their 'No Metal', which I assume is essentially the same as Lo_Chlor Metal Gone. They also suggested cleaning my filters a week later - seems excessive considering I'm only 0.1 ppm outside the ideal range.

What do you think?
Their metals test has a tolerance of 0.3ppm at levels below 0.3ppm 🤣so you likely dont have copper in the water.

• Haha
Reactions: Lake Placid