With these temps and 110-120 heat index ratings we're loosing about 4-5 ppm FC a day. Every night around 9pm I dose to my top of target which is 9 and by the next night same time iam down to about 3-4 ppm FC.. I have plenty of gallons on deck to keep it under control but was just wondering if that's about normal for Texas this time of year...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230629_213503_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20230629_213503_Weather.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3
I'd make my own because I like tinkering with things.

A floating pool accessory/ toy is losing some of its guts ?
Quick side question.. I've been following my taylor test kit results and have been adding liquid chlorine as needed.. TA and CH have consistently tested within range.. because of that the only thing Ive had to add is a few oz muriatic acid here and there since June.. Is it normal following the tfp guidelines to not add other chemicals besides chlorine?

• Love
Reactions: newdude
Thank you. Ill pick it up later.

Now lets see if we can get the op to drop one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_1371.jpeg
    IMG_1371.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Easy and straight to the point answer..
The long answer is that with about 24 inches of annual rainfall for you, it probably paces evaporation nicely compared to the places that get 2 to 3 times as much. I was looking up somebody's deets the other day in Louisiana and they got 65+ inches a year, basically a free water exchange. That's alot of overflow with 0 CYA, 0 salt, 0 CH water. All 3 would need top offs rather often there.

With 48 inches in NY, I barely notice it until the spring because I bottomed out across the board over the winter when I wasn't looking.

And that trusty test kit keeps you out of magicpotionville where they always have 9 things to sell you. They ask the magic 8ball and it always finds things wrong. It's like. Well I mean. How else are they going to stay in business ?

Reactions: RLP
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.