pensacola,fl
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ok so a little of a back story. Had the liner replaced last august, and over the winter the pool got a little dingy. Not green but I didn't do the best job of keeping it perfect. I did a slam and brushed multiple times a day. I have what the best I can describe it is like scaling in different places on the liner that will not budge with the brush. Here are some pictures. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? All water chemistry is good except for the chlorine. It's still a little high because of the slamming process. Thanks in advance!!!Untitled.jpg

What does the liner feel like when you run your hand along those areas?

What test kit do you use for your water testing?

You use PoolMath ?

Post a complete set of test results from your own test kit in the format:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
SALT
WATER TEMPERATURE
CSI

Reactions: Mdragger88
What does the liner feel like when you run your hand along those areas?

What test kit do you use for your water testing?

You use PoolMath ?

Post a complete set of test results from your own test kit in the format:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
SALT
WATER TEMPERATURE
CSI
Yes I use pool math and I use a Taylor K-2006 results from yesterday are:
FC 9.5
CC 0
Ph 7.3
Ta 70
CH 150
CYA 70
Salt 3100
CSI - Not sure I didn't test it.

As for what it feels like it almost feels like the liner. It really doesn't have a feeling. But a magic eraser will remove it.

Yes I use pool math and I use a Taylor K-2006 results from yesterday are:
FC 9.5
CC 0
Ph 7.3
Ta 70
CH 150
CYA 70
Salt 3100
CSI - Not sure I didn't test it.

As for what it feels like it almost feels like the liner. It really doesn't have a feeling. But a magic eraser will remove it.
Oh and the water temp is about 65

Turn on CSI Tracking in PoolMath and PoolMath will calculate it for you.

If you have scale the liner will feel like sandpaper.

Your CSI calculates to be -0.96 which is not within scaling levels. It is the opposite end of the CSI range.

Thanks. I didn’t realize it had that calculator. I’m not sure what it is. It almost resembles dead algae that could be sucked up but it only comes off with scrubbing it with a magic eraser. I’m wondering if it’s something on the new liner. Like a protective agent they put on it or something

Be careful with that magic eraser - those things are more abrasive than you think (it's not impossible to remove the print on the liner). I usually use a very sparing amount of Bon Ami cleanser on a damp sponge for spot cleaning or cleaning the waterline.

Can you scrape some of the scum off your liner and put it on a clean white piece of paper and see what it looks like?

Can you rub it off with a sponge which is milder then a magic eraser?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support