Chemicals seem to have no effect

Cya is not naturally in water. So the fill is 0 and you need 10k gallons worth to 30 :)

CH 250 in the fill water is a good on its own. It will rise soon enough.

Reactions: Bperry
Cya is not naturally in water. So the fill is 0 and you need 10k gallons worth to 30 :)

Hi. I have not purchased CYA before (no surprise). I'm checking out Leslies and I can't see a form of pure CYA. I did read through the TFP section on this and it sounds like I want to steer away from lots of additional ingredients. I live in zip code 85377. Ideas on a product to buy and where?
I found this type of product through Amazon. https://a.co/d/3c65pGc Can't get this for 4 days
Found this https://a.co/d/aVIIfAO doesn't look "pure"

Last edited:
Home Depot and Lowes too. All 3 have 100% stabilizer / CYA in the pool aisle

Pool Math says Target CYA of 30 is out of range. We know that's wrong. :) Just read somewhere LOL that I should add 1 pound of CYA per 4000 gallons of water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now I get add 40 oz by weight to reach your target. using dry stabilizer. Should it be a liquid? (still says that 30 is outside the range).
40oz by weight is just how you measure dry things. It is the same as 2.5 lbs.

Liquid cya is quite expensive & doesn’t work well unless you use an entire bottle- looks like a whole gallon of liquid would yield 37ppm cya in your pool volume. If you choose to use liquid be sure to rinse the bottle well in the pool.

Reactions: newdude
OK. I'm finding that most of the cyanuric acid products say 98.5% cyanuric acid and 1.5% other ingredients. Is this pure enough? I've checked Walmart and Lowes. Our Lowes only has a product called Pool Mate and the local Walmart only has HTH and both products are called Chlorine Stabilizer. I'm sorry to be back and forth on all these details; but, my husband isn't into this stuff. He likes that I'm into it and he's willing to go buy everything. I just need to give him a specific product to pickup as I'm working :) BTW Pool is full and I need to do tests in the AM. :)

OK. I'm finding that most of the cyanuric acid products say 98.5% cyanuric acid and 1.5% other ingredients. Is this pure enough? I've checked Walmart and Lowes. Our Lowes only has a product called Pool Mate and the local Walmart only has HTH and both products are called Chlorine Stabilizer. I'm sorry to be back and forth on all these details; but, my husband isn't into this stuff. He likes that I'm into it and he's willing to go buy everything. I just need to give him a specific product to pickup as I'm working :) BTW Pool is full and I need to do tests in the AM. :)
Chlorine stabilizer = CYA.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support