Flint, mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So, AquaDorfl (our inherited Dolphin Escape) died late last season - and the new season is rolling around, so it's time to bite the bullet and purchase 'CodZilla'. I may try to perform some open-motor surgery on AquaDorfl, but I'm suspecting it's just too late.

I don't need wifi, I don't need scheduling, I have no desire to 'drive' the thing - I just want to chuck it in, press the button, come back in a couple hours and it be done. It gets to live in the shed when not actively cleaning.
Corded is fine (and frankly, batteries are just one more thing to wear out). I have a rectangular pool, 18x36, with an 8ft diving well, sloping up to 3ft deep at the 'shallow' end. No steps, although we may end up adding some removable ones this season if my Grandson cannot use the ladder comfortably. The walls do have some slope around the 'well', and obviously up to the shallow end.

Budget is probably $750, unless there is some fantastic reason to spend more - from what I'm reading on these forums, 3-5 years seems to be the upper limit even on the expensive models.

Currently considering Evo 502 (currently available at like $500), Dolphin Nautilus CC, Evo 604. Briefly considered Aiper Seagul Pro/Scuba S1 but reliability seems to be a major issue with them based on their forum.

There seems to be about 100 different Dolphin models, all essentially the same, but with different names and vague specs so you can't quite differentiate one from another - it's reminds me of the last time I shopped for Mattresses...

Reactions: Newdude
Talk with Margaret at Marina pool and spa about the EVO 604...
Well, it wasn't Margaret, but it was Marina Pool and Spa.

We discussed some options based on my requirements, and settled on the EVO 604.

Out the door, with free shipping, it was significantly cheaper than Amazon, and I had a shipping number within 15 minutes of making the call.

I've seen stupid amounts of happy folks who dealt with them. Then she talked myself and an IRL buddy out of the expensive models that she had to sell. (Seriously, WHO does that ???).

They may not always have what I want, but she earned my first call no matter what.

I've seen stupid amounts of happy folks who dealt with them. Then she talked myself and an IRL buddy out of the expensive models that she had to sell. (Seriously, WHO does that ???).

They may not always have what I want, but she earned my first call no matter what.
Indeed. We discussed a higher priced model (pregnant 150-200 more) and the gentleman basically told me I'd be wasting my money given my requirements.

Very pleased with the experience so far :)

Reactions: Newdude