Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
This is a follow up after 3 months of use. I thought I started a thread on this, but I can only find a few postings I mentioned this bot. They sell this through Target, and 3 months ago it was under $500, quite a bargain. I throw this in the pool when I see debris on the bottom (once or twice a week). No fancy wifi or programs, just one 3 hour cycle. Worst thing that happens in my pool is acorns. Attached is today's collection. This Aquabot got every one!

If you've had the Aquabot 4WD, you'll be much happier with this one. It's almost identical, but improved filters (old ones are useable), and swivel cable! The swivel works very well. It may tangles a bit while running, but as you pull it out, it untangles. Filters are slightly harder to clean since it's cloth like (needles stick), but an extra couple minutes of hosing off, gets it all (including silt). Climbs walls much better than the 4WD.

My 4WD is still going after 9 years, if this lasts half as long I'll be happy. Will use it as spare parts should I need to.

PXL_20221109_182341189.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@kimkats has/had an aquabot (different version) not sure if it’s still in service. She loves her !

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
I have one pool that uses the aquabot classic, an oldie but goldie. Simple single program was available without timer then the later power supply came with buit in timer. Only difficulty is cleaning the cloth filter but on the other hand let's nothing pass through it .

I had the Aquabot Rover Jr for my old Intex pool and loved it. Glad to hear your having a good experience with your Aquabot SP200, I tried to find the aquabot website a few days ago and didn't have any luck, thought maybe they went out of business,

I had the Aquabot Rover Jr for my old Intex pool and loved it. Glad to hear your having a good experience with your Aquabot SP200, I tried to find the aquabot website a few days ago and didn't have any luck, thought maybe they went out of business,
I found the 150 model on doheny (doheny branded) for around $400 in my search. It doesn’t climb the wall like the 200.
The price has increased for the 200 model compared to what @tcat paid.
There are also some sales on Aiper models via their website & coupons.

Reactions: kimkats
After a couple months use, this bot seems dependable. Would still like a good cordless, but this is great until then. Going to try the Aiper Seagull Pro when it comes out. We had an ice storm here yesterday. 2 large oak limbs landed in the pool. After pulling them out and raking up some of the larger twigs, I ran the Aquabot. One run got it all! Talk about a full basket!

PXL_20230203_204258985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up one of these on eBay for $319. It said it was very lightly used but it does not look used at all. Just ran it for the first time. It seemed to only run for an hour. It looked like it was doing a good job for what it covered. I didn't see anything in the manual about different run times. I just started it up again. I don't understand the manual references to the extra floats and what you're supposed to do with them.

If you take the baskets out there is a float bracket with 2 floats. I added one, but doesn't seem to change anything. Maybe for walls or if steep floor? Mine doesn't do walls real well, but does run 2 hours (I think my old 4WD ran 3), 2 hours is plenty. An hour seems wrong, unless it thought it had already run an hour (since it's used). I still like mine, although testing an Aiper Seagull Pro that I really like, except it gets stuck on drains, which the Aquabot had no issues with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the Seagull Pro as well. I saw this deal for the Aquabot and thought it was worth trying out. When it started out, it left a visible cleaning path that was impressive but for some reason it seemed to do worse later in its run. I like the ability to adjust the height of the cleaning ducts. I don't think the one I received was used. It may have been an unused return. This one cannot be used with the Betta2. I had them both in the pool at the same time and the Betta2 choked on the cord. It doesn't seem like that is a good idea.
I took at a look at it after the second run. I see why the cleaning diminished. The cleaning openings were pushed back into the case so the distance to the floor was greater. It may have happened when it tried to climb the stairs. Seems like there needs to be a way of securing the suction inlet so it is not just pushed in during use. I like the ultra fine filters. The filters in the Seagull pro just stir up any fine silt on the bottom but the Aquabot filters it out. Seems easy enough to rinse the filters clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.