West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
They announced a surface skimmer at CES. Supposed to ship at the end of the month. It is pricey.

However, it has the one feature we have all be screaming for which is charging. I say this longingly as I look at my Betta just floating in the pool due to our 6 weeks of overcast weather.

Reactions: cssnms
Fancy looking thing, the new must have device. It‘s a pity it doesn’t come with remote control, would keep the kids entertained for hours.

Fancy looking thing, the new must have device. It‘s a pity it doesn’t come with remote control, would keep the kids entertained for hours.
info on site says it has app remote control. says fully charged batteries can last 10 hours? thats not enough to last through the night in winter months.

Ok, they need to stop making these things look a prop in a Terminator movie!! We now have AI, quantum computing, the dudes at Boston Dynamics making robots that can do ninja flips, advanced biotech, etc, etc … we are tempting fate people, TEMPTING FATE ….

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

Ok, they need to stop making these things look a prop in a Terminator movie!! We now have AI, quantum computing, the dudes at Boston Dynamics making robots that can do ninja flips, advanced biotech, etc, etc … we are tempting fate people, TEMPTING FATE ….

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin
If it misses something, ‘it will be back’. :laughblue:

info on site says it has app remote control. says fully charged batteries can last 10 hours? thats not enough to last through the night in winter months

They say it has a magnetic charging option. Which is something we have been complaining about wanting for a long time.

k, they need to stop making these things look a prop in a Terminator movie!! We now have AI, quantum computing, the dudes at Boston Dynamics making robots that can do ninja flips, advanced biotech, etc, etc … we are tempting fate people, TEMPTING FATE ….

I have chosen to embrace our new robotic overlords. I find them to be benevolent rulers. I rejoice in providing for their needs, some electricity, and emptying of their trash.

And besides, why worry. I know they have a lifespan of only 3-5 years.

Last edited:
I have chosen to embrace our new robotic overlords. I find them to be benevolent rulers. I rejoice in providing for their needs, some electricity, and emptying of their trash.

And besides, why worry. I know they have a lifespan of only 3-5 years.
I then hereby nominate you, katodude, to be the first to buy this new bot and give the rest of us a thorough review.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone else appreciate the irony that they invented a device free of the annoyance of manually charging, only to add a charger to it ?

The next step is to add a permanent cord so you don't need to remember to charge it when it's cloudy. It'll be a standard issue Dolphin with a life vest on so it floats.

At $650, I am going to pass on this. You can buy a Betta SE for $328.

Also at this point I am only buying pool robots from Amazon with an Asurion warranty.

Now, if this happens to show up on Amazon for about $400 and the ability to add the Asurion warranty well that is a different story.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Also at this point I am only buying pool robots from Amazon with an Asurion warranty.

Now, if this happens to show up on Amazon for about $400 and the ability to add the Asurion warranty well that is a different story.
I’m very proud of you for showing some restraint in purchasing the newest cool pool gadget! Bravo 👏
But I have no doubt that when the price drops you’ll be giving us a wonderful review on it 😁
We await the Battle of the skimmers part d’eux!

It seems the aiper products have about a 6 month price halflife whereby within 6 months of release they can be had on amazon or their own site for half of the original list. The seagull pro was 999 at release but they now have a limited special...weekly, at 554 🤬. As such, I will also refrain from preorder lol

Last edited:
It seems the aiper products have about a 6 month price halflife whereby within 6 months of release they can be had on amazon or their own sit for half of the original list.
I think the smaller players don't sell at the flagship brand price point, so they cut the price in the hopes of getting more exposure.

The seauto robots did the same. They've been selling at around half of list price since they were a couple months old.

The Wybots are usually heavily on sale also.

They announced a surface skimmer at CES. Supposed to ship at the end of the month. It is pricey.

However, it has the one feature we have all be screaming for which is charging. I say this longingly as I look at my Betta just floating in the pool due to our 6 weeks of overcast weather.
Anyone have one of these ? How are the aiper reliability … they don’t offer extended warranty.. it seems better than the betta se plus.. dolphin has one coming out but the design of the aiper seems to be the best out of the lot with the way the bin is enclosed and bumpers

Buy and Betta SE Plus and be done with it. Wait for a sale, they have them periodically. Buy the 3 year extended warranty.

This is absolutely now the best value for the money with a company that backs their product and provides excellent service with that warranty.

Reactions: tcat and HermanTX
Buy the 3 year extended warranty.

I’ve always liked the idea of the extended warranty. Even if you don’t get the extended warrantee you kind of think you’re getting a product that should last for at least 3 years.

Although I can’t help but wonder if there’s two versions out in the warehouse, the two year ones and three year ones.

Reactions: Katodude
Yep, although my 3 year one has already been serviced twice. So that theory is out the window.

You have to think about this as a consumable device. It will last you between 3-4 years (with the extended warranty). And be excited to buy a new one with newer better features when this one finally breaks.

Which is why I now have a purchasing limit on the price of these. They need to be less than $500 so I dont get angry when they do break.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support