winter prevention tactics for fast easy opening

Maresa

Aug 28, 2014
Haverhill, Mass
This is the first year in a while that my pool has been green upon opening (usually brown). I was not involved in its closing last September so I am tempted to blame hubby (shhh!) I am in the process of SLAMming. (Hopefully this will go well and I will not be back with a question about this.) But my question is... over the course of the winter, could/should anything be done or added to make opening faster? I am thinking... taking off a bit of pool cover and pouring in some bleach. But how would that circulate? I have read a very few things about doing this so I assume it wouldn't work or be necessary. But it seems to make sense to me... especially given that it is closed 9 months and only opened 3. Thank you.

This is the first year in a while that my pool has been green upon opening (usually brown). I was not involved in its closing last September so I am tempted to blame hubby (shhh!) I am in the process of SLAMming. (Hopefully this will go well and I will not be back with a question about this.) But my question is... over the course of the winter, could/should anything be done or added to make opening faster? I am thinking... taking off a bit of pool cover and pouring in some bleach. But how would that circulate? I have read a very few things about doing this so I assume it wouldn't work or be necessary. But it seems to make sense to me... especially given that it is closed 9 months and only opened 3. Thank you.
Biggest thing you can do is close it later and open earlier. I have the opposote schedule as you in that its open for 9 months and closed for 3 so I always open to a clear pool. If you cant do that, dropping in a sump pump to circulate the chlorine would be wise

Reactions: Maresa