What kind of pool is this?

That’s all I have. It’s a foreclosed property so no power to turn on the filter to try and clear the pool up to see the bottom. It doesn’t have stairs going into it if that helps

Not sure just trying to figure out how much getting it back up and running was going to cost me if I can get the property. Was already planing on a new veritable speed pump and sand filter but since there’s no liner it kinda leaves me at a lose lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Doing some digging it appears the pool was installed in 1983 and from what I gathered it’s a hybrid pool which is fiberglass walls and plaster bottom. I’ve seen a few off them around the county but not many always asummed the liner was missing cause they were also forclosed properties.

Looks like fiberglass sides with a concrete bottom. The bottom will usually be painted, which can be a problem with the new paint that basically dissolves under water.

The good news is that it seems to be holding water.

The lines might be plugged. So, you won't know if they are good until the pool is operational.

It resembles this somewhat. I know nothing about this pool except I read the article several years ago. The Pool Project

Yep, looks just like that complete with leaking panel seams and blistering gelcoat! I'm astonished any pool company would have done all that for only $3,000, even several years ago - I'm sure they wouldn't have done as good a job.

Still, painting a pool is an ongoing commitment. Typically lasts only 2-3 year, although the guy in this link seems to have done a super job prepping the surfaces so his will probably last longer,

Reactions: Chickinvic
Yep, looks just like that complete with leaking panel seams and blistering gelcoat! I'm astonished any pool company would have done all that for only $3,000, even several years ago - I'm sure they wouldn't have done as good a job.

Still, painting a pool is an ongoing commitment. Typically lasts only 2-3 year, although the guy in this link seems to have done a super job prepping the surfaces so his will probably last longer,

I was shocked too. I'm guessing it would be several times that much here, but I always figure maybe that's just because things cost more in Canada lol.

I had a pool like this in PA and used the link as an example to fix cracks and paint. Definitely a hybrid pool - with fiberglass upper wall and concrete bottom. Biggest disadvantage is that it is painted and little option for different surface coverings. But as you mention it seems to be holding water so that is a good sign.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.