Anaheim, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I Removed the lid for cleaning the filters this morning but didn’t drain the water in the tank first. This time I didn’t see the water poured out from the beltway band and saw the water in the tank just a quarter inch below the top of bottom half tank.
I remember that in previous cleaning, the water in the tank poured out around the belt band if I didn’t drain the water by remove the plug from the bottom first. Am I correct? If yes then where the water was drained from and how I troubleshoot the culprit.
Thank
Wayne

I don’t remember. But in the previous removal, if I open the air release valve when the pump not running I would hear the water drains. So I think I do not.

I don’t remember. But in the previous removal, if I open the air release valve when the pump not running I would hear the water drains. So I think I do not.
You should always open the air relief before loosening the tank clamp. That's the main reason it is there, for your safety. The water drained back to the pool, that's why it was low in the tank when opened. Not an issue.