Oceanside NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ35
Hi everyone, sorry for an additional thread, I am still learning how the forum works. We had our liner installed yesterday (it was just under 50 degrees out - not ideal i understand) - it is also a 27mil liner.

It looks good for most part, but steps are concerning me.. There are alot of wrinkles and what seems like air still behind them. One area in particular is not sitting flush against the corner of the step and it is on a seam so it strikes me as a weak point.. Should I have them redo this part or leave it for summer when it warms up and is easier to work with? I stopped filling the pool for now as I am considering having them come correct this.. Thanks!

I am trying to add photos but its not allowing me.. Can someone tell me how to get a bigger quota to add photos?

@ Kimkats - thank you. When I bring something up they tell me not to worry and its ok blah blah. zThey blame it on the cold weather and that next summer it will warm up and settle in.. I don't honestly buy it, common sense tells me it shouldn't stay like that all winter... But if I tell them what I want, they seem to step up.. What is your recommendation as to how this is corrected properly so I can make sure they do that? Thanks!

They can use hot towels and hot water to help with those wrinkles. I have heard of toilet plungers being used as well. If the water is removed then they can use a hair dryer or two to warm it up to help them move it and get it right.

Yes it will be a pain but you do not want the liner to stay like that. It will fade different and might form a "memory" of the wrinkles is my biggest worries.

Get your "MOM" voice ready and tell them what you want done. "I want my liner fixed now. Do what you need to do to make it so." Smile while you say it BUT don't say please or "can you?" State it as a fact instead of a question.

Good luck! :hug:

Kim:kim:

That will sit in an industry & consumer acceptable manor & stopping the water is going to delay the "sitting" & you are risking developing a "memory" by interrupting the fill.

I have fitted stairs in November that looked like raisins & find them flush in the spring.

- To the above suggestions warming the liner won't help now, & can make it look worse as the material will expand or contract & not uniformly.
& the cold November subbase will wick any working heat before it can be manipulated.

Our PB told us the same thing. Although it sounds like our liner is pulling out of the back corner. Looks like we may need to remove and have the liner repaired or replaced. I think I know why my liner guy walked off the job last weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.