Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Greetings TFP-

I have a Hayward Aquarite T3 SWG. We ran our pool throughout the winter and did not add salt in the spring. SWG has been showing 2200-2700 ppm since February. I last cleaned the SWG and replaced Hayward Swim Clear filter in March, but this did not resolve the issue. I purchased a new Taylor K-2006 Salt test kit this spring and test results from today are below. It does not appear additional salt is indicated based on the test kit results, yet the SWG keeps flagging for reduced efficiency or stopped chlorine generation due to low salt ppm. FC seems to be adequate though it is not generating.

I am thinking the SWG needs to be cleaned again (diluted MA or just fresh water if no scale), or the inline sensor needs to be replaced? Our pool was constructed in late 2020 and I hoping the flow sensor does not need be be replaced already. Any thoughts on why the SWG is showing inaccurate results?

Blake

Results from today:
FC 6.0
CC 0.0
pH 7.6
TA 75
CH 350
CYA 80
SALT 3400
W_Temp 81F
A_Temp 79F
CSI -0.27
SWG 2200 (@50%)

The cell performance is based on cell instant salinity divided by actual salinity. Yours is 2200 / 3400. Or 65%.
You need a new cell. I suggest getting a T9.

Greetings TFP-

I have a Hayward Aquarite T3 SWG. We ran our pool throughout the winter and did not add salt in the spring. SWG has been showing 2200-2700 ppm since February. I last cleaned the SWG and replaced Hayward Swim Clear filter in March, but this did not resolve the issue. I purchased a new Taylor K-2006 Salt test kit this spring and test results from today are below. It does not appear additional salt is indicated based on the test kit results, yet the SWG keeps flagging for reduced efficiency or stopped chlorine generation due to low salt ppm. FC seems to be adequate though it is not generating.

I am thinking the SWG needs to be cleaned again (diluted MA or just fresh water if no scale), or the inline sensor needs to be replaced? Our pool was constructed in late 2020 and I hoping the flow sensor does not need be be replaced already. Any thoughts on why the SWG is showing inaccurate results?

Blake

Results from today:
FC 6.0
CC 0.0
pH 7.6
TA 75
CH 350
CYA 80
SALT 3400
W_Temp 81F
A_Temp 79F
CSI -0.27
SWG 2200 (@50%)
Note cleaning the cell with even diluted acid reduces its life span. Theres no need to clean it unless its dirty.

Reactions: Rachel&Blake
Your T3 is a bit undersized for your pool volume and the location you live in. So the life of the cell is based on that.

Get a T9 next time.

EDIT -- you can take the cell to many pool stores that will test the cell. I would call ahead to be sure they have the equipment to test it.

Reactions: Rachel&Blake