Suggestions Needed Please ☁️

violet-mermaid

Mar 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey There,

I neglected my AGP last week while I was sick with covid and when I got back to it- the water was cloudy and turning green. I tested everything, used PoolMath, and have all levels back to pretty much normal, but the water is still cloudy. I can see the pattern at the bottom of the pool, but it is not the crystal clear water that I had before. :cry:

CL- 5
pH- 7.2
CYA- 38
TA- 130

There was what looked like dirt/sand/algae spots on the bottom, so I got in the pool yesterday and vacuumed and brushed the walls. I've backwashed a few times. Anything else I can do?

Also, I am almost out of the CYA reagent, can I buy that locally or do I need to purchase from the website?

You can run this test to confirm the algae, but given the presence of visible algae, likely not necessary. Here are the instructions ---> Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

To rid yourself of the algae, follow the slam process. Here are the instructions! --> SLAM Process

There was what looked like dirt/sand/algae spots on the bottom, so I got in the pool yesterday and vacuumed and brushed the walls. I've backwashed a few times. Anything else I can do?
Start the slam process.
Also, I am almost out of the CYA reagent, can I buy that locally or do I need to purchase from the website?
I have not found CYA reagent locally.

Reactions: Mdragger88
You need to follow the SLAM Process to clear the algae. Just bringing your levels back to normal is not adequate to clear the algae.

I doubt you will find local pool stores selling Taylor reagents.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.