Spa water level after shut off

O,

You most likely have a bad or dirty check valve in Spa return line.. This is the number one reason that a Spa will drain back into the pool.. This assumes the water level in the spa stops right under the returns..

Show us a pic if you can't locate it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

That appears to be it. Close the valve and see if it stops draining.

Do you have an automation system?

Most likely.

You could automate the spillover function and only run it a couple times per day to keep your spa chlorinated. Then you would not need the make up line.

So I ran a test last night. I ran the pump for 30 minutes, then shut it off and closed the blue valve. After 30 minutes there was no drain back. So I opened the valve, and after 30 minutes still no drain back.
My pool is set to filter from 3am to 6am, so this morning there was--again-- no drain back.

Thoughts?

The check valve must be holding now. The flow is stopped by either the valve or check valve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It might be best to have a repair kit on hand. Just in case the gasket for the lid needs replacement.

You remove the top by removing the screws. You may want to open the system (filter bleed valve, etc) to let the water drain out first.

You can set up a Spillover function in your automation and eliminate this make up line.

It might be best to have a repair kit on hand. Just in case the gasket for the lid needs replacement.

You remove the top by removing the screws. You may want to open the system (filter bleed valve, etc) to let the water drain out first.

You can set up a Spillover function in your automation and eliminate this make up line.
Ok, thank you. I i think I misunderstood your earlier question about automated system. I have electronic control, but not for spillover when filtering the pool. But in spa mode it only filters the spa.
Hope that makes sense.

OK -- most automation systems have a Spillover function. But if yours is a simple one button push to switch from Pool to Spa it may not.

That is the valve.
Amazon, Inyopools, etc have them.

Be sure you get the size for your size valve.

The Jandy Aqualink RS manual shows a Spillover function.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.