I doubt it. Everyone new comes here and thinks they have mustard algae...about 0.1% actually have mustard algae.
Considering everything I’ve thrown at this pool you think it’s unlikely? The slime on the cleaner was a yellow color. Idk, willing to blame anything at this point!

Fyi-
Chlorine absolutely works on mustard algae.
I imagine you’re seeing some biofilm and also regular algae can be different colors.
The SLAM Process done to completion, is the majority of the cure & the first step treating for mustard algae anyway.

Fyi-
Chlorine absolutely works on mustard algae.
I imagine you’re seeing some biofilm and also regular algae can be different colors.
The SLAM Process done to completion, is the majority of the cure & the first step treating for mustard algae anyway.
UPDATE: about a week ago I was defeated and bought an algaecide and powdered chlorine…however, before I added the algaecide and other stuff, I started noticing improvement. Here we are a week later with normal FC levels and no overnight chlorine loss. It’s fantastic! The SLAM worked! My wallet just hated buying 20+ gallons of chlorine. Thanks everyone!