San Antonio Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I got a new Intex 3,000 16 in sand filter to replace the my old intex 1500, today I was filling the new filter with sand and I am 1/4 away from the minimum fill line. Can I use some of the old sand in the new filter, so that I can get the sand up to the min level? Last year I replaced the sand in the smaller filter because I accidentally knocked it over while we were redoing the pavers under the pool supports and it was easier to replace the sand over picking out all the gravel and dirt ( I deep cleaned the old filter in Nov before I put it in the garage for the winter) Really need to have the filter up and running in the morning
IMG_0770.jpeg

Awesome! Thanks, that’s what I thought but I started second guessing myself
After you get it together just backwash really well & then rinse until the sight glass is totally clear & it will be fine. There’s probably more funk/dust in the new sand than the old stuff.

Reactions: Lilredrubi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.