Post construction pool opening vs heavy amounts of dirt?

Apr 30, 2017
San Jose, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

Long story short, we have a ton of dirt in the pool and need to get rid of it post 1yr of construction. I'm looking for the easiest/most cost effective way to address that situation.

I've tried vacuuming, but noticed after a mere minute of it that dirt was being pushed back into the pool through the filter outlet. I cleaned my filter and noticed it's now in need of replacement parts, but is this really the best way to do it? Vacuum 1-2m, clean the filter, rinse & repeat? Water is quite expensive around here, so a total refill is possible, but it's probably going to cost $300. This is weighed vs the cost of chemical shock & maintenance I'd still have to do post-dirt removal I suppose. It would be a lot easier if I had a means of pumping the dirty water from the vacuum out to the sewer. Technically I can connect the hose to the pipes after the pump and dump water out that way, but not sure that'll make it any easier.

Call local pool companies and inquire if they have a standalone vacuum rig that will vacuum to waste. It costs you about $150 plus some water and in an hour you have a clean pool.

1716163051764.jpeg

1716163082684.jpeg

1716163142101.jpeg