Jpc777

Jun 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Hey guys,

I bought a house with an above ground pool so I’ve been trying to learn everything I can, but I’m having a tough time. I’m fine on chemicals, my water is nice and clear, but these are my issues:

1. Where the hoses connect to the pump and filter, they keep dripping. I’ve tried a few different things. They are clamped down tight. Any advice to stop the hoses from leaking at the connections?

2. Some water comes out of the clear pump lid no matter how tight I get it. I’ve bought a new o ring, any other advice?

3. The pump only fills about half way with water. I’m guessing it’s due to 1 and 2 above. So many air bubbles come through to the pool.

4. No matter how much I vacuum, dirt or sand settles on the bottom of the pool everyday. I’m assuming it’s sand, but I’m not sure. Do I just need to replace the sand?

5. When I try prime the pump, I remove the lid and the pool water just starts overflowing like crazy. I can’t take a hose and fill it up because it’s pouring out so fast.

My filter only has winter, rinse, backwash, and filter. No way to recirculate.

I can just buy a new pump and filter if that’s the easiest solution.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sounds like you have at least one or more air leaks getting into the system. Make sure the pump clear lid O-ring is lubed well with pool silicone lube. You do want all fitting secure. Water leaks while on means air will get sucked IN once off causing water to shift around. Post some pics of your equipment pad from different angles and we'll do what we can to help you with more details.

Enjoy the forum! :swim:

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sounds like you have at least one or more air leaks getting into the system. Make sure the pump clear lid O-ring is lubed well with pool silicone lube. You do want all fitting secure. Water leaks while on means air will get sucked IN once off causing water to shift around. Post some pics of your equipment pad from different angles and we'll do what we can to help you with more details.

Enjoy the forum! :swim:
Thank you!

I tried the hose fix to fix chanelling and bought a new o ring and put a bunch of magic lube on. Still getting dirt on the floor and still leaking from pump lid and still weak flow. I just bought a new pump and filter, if I have issues I’ll upload some pictures of my setup! Water is still completely clear though. Hoping the new pump will work properly!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.