Please Help Jandy iAqualink freeze protect not coming on.

Miss Greggor

Nov 9, 2021
Cedar Park, Tx
Our pool was finished last month. We are having our first freeze and the temp gauge is reading wrong so the pump isn't coming on.

I woke up and checked the app and it said outside temp is 42 (it's 32 AND DROPPING) I turned on the pump and waterfall and now it is saying temp is 50. The sensor is pulled out of the box correctly. So I think it is a bad sensor.

We have 2 days of freezing temperatures upon up. Is there a way to override the system and turn the pump on and keep it on until this weather passes? Should the waterfall stay on as well?

Thanks so much!

You've done it by turning on everything manually. That should stay on unless you have a schedule that overrides it. Can you check your schedule?

The air temperature sensor should be dangling outside the Aqualink box. Find where the probe is and make sure it is near any heat source. If you turned on the pumps and the temperature went up it sounds like the sensor is too close to the pumps that are generating heat. Move the sensor to a more open space.

The air temperature sensor should be dangling outside the Aqualink box. Find where the probe is and make sure it is near any heat source. If you turned on the pumps and the temperature went up it sounds like the sensor is too close to the pumps that are generating heat. Move the sensor to a more open space.
It is way out and away from equipment as far as possible. I think it's faulty. thanks

For future reference - know this does not help now. You can test your air sensor. Back in early January, I filled a container with water and ice, I placed the air sensor in it and also put a second probe that is calibrated in the same container. I wait 30 minutes and see if the freeze protection kicks in. I then look at the calibrated probe and compare to the air probe temperature on the app. If they are within a degree or 2 then I am OK and just know there is a difference. The Jandy iAqualink allows you to calibrate the water probe sensor but not the air sensor so I just note down if there is a difference in my testing.

If you just run your pump continuously, you should be fine.

For future reference - know this does not help now. You can test your air sensor. Back in early January, I filled a container with water and ice, I placed the air sensor in it and also put a second probe that is calibrated in the same container. I wait 30 minutes and see if the freeze protection kicks in. I then look at the calibrated probe and compare to the air probe temperature on the app. If they are within a degree or 2 then I am OK and just know there is a difference. The Jandy iAqualink allows you to calibrate the water probe sensor but not the air sensor so I just note down if there is a difference in my testing.

If you just run your pump continuously, you should be fine.
Thanks so much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.