Pentair Variable Speed Pump on Above Ground Pool?

I recently acquired a new home and with it came an above ground pool. I'm fairly decent with pool knowledge and used this forum in the past.

Pool Specs: 18' x 34' Above Ground Oval with deep end

Estimated Gallons: 24,500

Currently running single speed 1.5hp with a small sand filter

Looking at going to:

Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump: XF series for larger flow rates or high performance less flow pump

Havent picked a new sand filter yet but going to spec a larger filter for more filter area.

I searched these forums looking for information regarding the variable speed on an above ground but couldnt find anything. All help is greatly appreciated. What model pump would one use for the pool I have?

I appreciate the help!!

Thanks

A Pentair superflo VS is really plenty for that pool. Do you have any automation or other things that would push you to the intelliflo?

I'd be looking at a 24" sized sand filter or maybe one size bigger.

So I couldn't figure out how to pm a picture so Im putting it here for the world to see my messy equipment pad. It's just one of those areas I keep meaning to clean up but other things keep being more important to do. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

I would recommend going with a larger sand filter than mine like a 22 or 24 inch. Wish I had know that before buying mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_181335.jpg
    IMG_20180521_181335.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 17
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.