Pentair Mastertemp 400 SFS Error - Run Without Sensor Installed?

Agree, but there's also the possibility that the measurement of the temperature is inaccurate. I'm trying to rule that out before tearing anything else apart. If it's a temp error problem, I think it's most likely in the wiring, not in the three sensors I've tried. I have twisted together a 2.2 MEG OHM and a 1.5 MEG OHM resistor to make 3.7. How do I physically attach them to the SFS wire terminals that lead back to the circuit board? It's hard to get a connection. Also, does it make sense that the heater will fire when NO sensor is attached to the SFS wires? Does it tell me something that it will?

Connect the resistors to alligator clips that can be clipped onto the sensor wires.

The sensor read 3.72 MedOhms, so right on the money. I can't get a temp reading because I get the E06 error before blower starts. I put 6.6 MegOhms of resistors across the wires and display settled at 275 degrees. If I understand the chain of comments correctly, resistance goes down as temperature increases. My 3.72 SFS must be in excess of the temp threshold for the unit to even start. It should be 77 degrees roughly. I'm concluding the PCB is bad. Any other ideas?