Passed OCLT but still cloudy

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
Hello! 8 days into SLAM… passed OCLT - Chlorine holding steady at SLAM levels … think it’s ok to start letting levels drop while pool continues to clear? I know all criteria to pass slam but questioning how much longer I need to continue to add LC…

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 10
think it’s ok to start letting levels drop while pool continues to clear?
While we often point to water clarity as a key indicator, I would tend to agree that in your situation it's all about time & filtration now. We know sand can be a bit slow. If you don't see improvement soon, perhaps a little DE added to the sand?

Reactions: newdude
While we often point to water clarity as a key indicator, I would tend to agree that in your situation it's all about time & filtration now. We know sand can be a bit slow. If you don't see improvement soon, perhaps a little DE added to the sand?

I did add some Cellulose Fiber to the skimmer this morning- no change in pressure but clarity is better

Reactions: Texas Splash
Maintaining SLAM when the FC holds is waaaaaaaay easier than starting a new one.

OCLTs with cloudy water are just for funsies and don't count. Without the clear water, it's a fail on the three exit criteria. There is no need to fail more than one. SLAM on.

While I agree it's likely a mechanical only issue at this point instead of a chemistry issue, algae grows a biofolm to protect itself from harsh environments. The next brushing may expose new layers needing to be killed, while the water itself is algae free.

You're in the homestretch, finish it proper.

You got this.

Maintaining SLAM when the FC holds is waaaaaaaay easier than starting a new one.

OCLTs with cloudy water are just for funsies and don't count. Without the clear water, it's a fail on the three exit criteria. There is no need to fail more than one. SLAM on.

While I agree it's likely a mechanical only issue at this point instead of a chemistry issue, algae grows a biofolm to protect itself from harsh environments. The next brushing may expose new layers needing to be killed, while the water itself is algae free.

You're in the homestretch, finish it proper.

You got this.
Yeah, i guess it wont hurt, Ive been at 24 Slam level for 2 days - still have 7 gallons left so why not?

Reactions: newdude
Cbs Good Job GIF by HULU

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support