Minor Alge "cloud" when brushing

Thorn

Apr 6, 2020
Central California
I brush the pool side and bottom at least once a week, usually more. If I wait 4 days or so what I get when I brush is a slight alge cloud . I bough a vacume head with brushes so that when I brush it would go straing to filter, but the vacume head I bought is next to imposible to push on the pebbletec surface.

My CYA is close to 50 and FC is usually at least at 4.

So.....is that alge "normal"?

Can anyone reccomend a vac head that will work to get this minor alge off the floor and into the filter that works well on pebbletech surface?

Or, do I just brush it, forget it, and let the skimmer / vac deal with it?

I can't help you on the brush but you might consider upping your FC level. A CYA of 50 has a min FC value of 4 and a recommended range of 6 - 8. Have you done an over night chlorine loss test recently? Algae is not normal for a clean pool.

Hello neighbor.
Have you tried an overnight free chlorine loss test... Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to diagnose that you have an algae issue? (typing while DorsalSpine posted)
What you may be seeing is ash from wildfires in our area settling on the bottom and in the skimmer.
The last week I have been seeing a grey accumulation on my pool bottom and in my skimmer net and I know it is ash as I can see it rain down from the sky. It also accumulates on the cars, umbrellas and everything else.
I use a robot pool cleaner and can also see the grey ash in the fine filters.
Do an OCLT to properly diagnose your issue.

Hello neighbor.
Have you tried an overnight free chlorine loss test... Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to diagnose that you have an algae issue? (typing while DorsalSpine posted)
What you may be seeing is ash from wildfires in our area settling on the bottom and in the skimmer.
The last week I have been seeing a grey accumulation on my pool bottom and in my skimmer net and I know it is ash as I can see it rain down from the sky. It also accumulates on the cars, umbrellas and everything else.
I use a robot pool cleaner and can also see the grey ash in the fine filters.
Do an OCLT to properly diagnose your issue.

Overnight test results..........Night test 4.6 Morning test 4.4

Reactions: Oly and newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.