DFW - Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I understand that adding MA is the way to lower TA. But do you have to drive PH down to 7.2 or 7.0 and then aereate or will frequent additions of MA over time also lower it? I've added 1.25 gal of MA, 20oz at a time, over the last month and can't seem to get bellow a TA of 120. TIA

What's your fill water's TA? If you are adding fill water fairly regularly, and its' TA is high (mine is 300+), it makes lowering your TA even more challenging. But it should still come down with enough MA dosing. You should be able to see how much TA come down by using the "effects of adding" in the Pool Math app if you use that. 1.25 Gallons of MA over an entire month for a 25,000 gallon pool, isn't all that much and I wouldn't expect it'd lower TA more than 10-15 (A guess, I didn't run the math/calculations), which -could- then be offset by the (potential) high TA fill water you're adding due to evaporation or other things. So I think we'd need to know a bit more to fully answer what's going on... ? but no doubt about it, MA will bring down TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.