Introduction - Oaks Getting Over Pool

SouthernAlaPool

May 3, 2022
Mobile Alabama
I have used/referred to TFP for few months, so just joined today. I've been a pool owner most my life-love having a Pool, but they can be testy to say the least, even in best of locations. I do my own maintenance as well. I have plenty more, but will start with this one:

My Biggest pool issue now are Trees getting so over grown. These are OLD Growth Oaks and the Pool is being encroached & it will cost $10's of K to get them trimmed back (working on that slowly). So one thing I have learned to use to good effect is a SKIMMER SOCK! I use my own handmade one, but used others as well. It is a lite linen sock I tie on the basket and it keeps a huge amount of organic matter out of my sand filter- that has to help right? It does take some tending...but I think it is worth it.

Anyone else use Socks on Skimmers or have other suggestions/tips for Pools with several trees nearby...I am ALL EARS! Thanks to all.

I use a 1-gallon paint strainer in my skimmer. Same one for over a year. Ha. But they are quite valuable to have. Do your best to get those droppings as soon as you can. The tannin stains can be quite frustrating.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: