Installing a new air temperature sensor and water temperature sensor (hayward aqua pro logic system)

william13

Gold Supporter
Oct 1, 2022
south florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I mentioned in another post that my previous pool repair person put in a new filter but somehow removed the water temperature sensor and air sensor just lying on the ground.
How do I actually put in new sensors if there is no old one to remove?

Bill,

The air temp sensor is just hung right under the automation enclosure.

The water temp sensor gets installed in the pipe between the pump and the filter.

You will have to drill a hole in the pipe, stick in the sensor that should have a little O-Ring on the bottom side. It is held in place with a band clamp.

Thanks,

Jim R.

A water sensor and an air sensor must be installed at all times for proper operation.

A solar sensor is required if the solar function is enabled.

Water Sensor

This sensor is used to measure the pool/spa temperature and is installed in the filtration plumbing after the filter but before either the solar or conventionally fueled heaters—refer to the plumbing overview diagram.

1. Drill a 3/8” (10mm) diameter hole in the PVC piping and remove all chips and burrs.

2. Insert sensor until O-ring collar sits flush on the hole.

3. Position hose clamp over the sensor and gently tighten until O-ring makes an adequate seal.

Do not overtighten.

4. For maximum temperature accuracy, cover the sensor and 3” (6cm) of pipe on either side with insulation and white paint.

Air Sensor

Mount the air sensor outdoors. ! IMPORTANT: Mount the air sensor out of direct sunlight.

1664936128342.png

Reactions: Jimrahbe
If I cut the end terminals off this will it function as a water temperature sensor? Or is it made to only be used with heaters?
"HPX2169"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.