I am such a slow learner....... Sigh!!

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
About 2 years ago I left a hose in a rent house pool and then removed the other end of the hose at the house.. Came back the next day and by the magic of gravity, I had drained about two feet of water... ?

You would think once would be enough!! But no, yesterday, I went over to the same house to disconnect the fill hose because it was going to freeze in the morning.. Did I look at the other end of the hose? Of course not, I just disconnected it and left. Same gravity and the same result... Sigh!!!

The first time it did not seem to cause any problems.. This time, the IntelliFlo pump seemed to take a much longer time to prime and the bubbles under the pump lid seem to be much bigger.. Almost sloshing around...

I have yet to do anything as I did not have any tools with me...

Will go back tomorrow and see what I can find..

Open to any ideas... Other than pulling my head out of where the sun don't shine... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I always leave the hose above the water level when filling just to be safe.

Secure the hose with a weight to keep it from moving around from the pressure coming out.

Check for suction side leaks at the threaded connection going into the pump.

When you turn off the pump, you will sometimes get a squirt of water at a leak from the back pressure.

Check under the pump for a seal leak.

I did the accidental siphon drain once. I was draining the rainwater from a big storm and for whatever reason just shut the pump off and walked away. With the end of the waste line a few foot lower than the pool surface, it just kept going on its own. An hour later while mowing the lawn i saw tha pool down about 18 inches and figured out what i had done. Im expecting that given enough time, it will happen again cuz im rather slow myself sometimes.

Jim,

Similar to James, I leave the hose in the skimmer with the lid just leaning on it with a rock from the planter to hold the hose in. Compared to my recent fiasco's this is pretty minor. But it is good to see you experts are a little human!:laughblue:

Chris

James, Thanks for the date of my previous learning problem...

Jim R.

I googled it yesterday looking for something memorable. It was a quiet day. Just you and San Jose CA getting the most rain it had gotten in 60 years. A mere hair over a half inch.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went back today and and cleaned up the pump lid and re-lubed the O-Ring. The pump seems to be back to normal.. Primed OK and ran at 1200 RPM, with just a couple of small bubbles under the lid..

Time will tell.

Thanks for the support and embarrassing memories... :mrgreen:

Jim R.

James, Thanks for the date of my previous learning problem...

Jim R.
This is disturbing and embarrassing for both of you?

James,

I looked under the pump to check for a seal leak, but thankfully it was dry as a bone.. Used a flashlight and mirror and the only thing I saw was dust and spider webs.. No sign of any water leak, past or present.

Thanks for the advice,

Jim R.

Reactions: JamesW
i ħ(d/dt) | Ψ(t)>= Ĥ | Ψ(t)>

Rμν-1/2 Rgμν+ Λ gμν= 8πG/c4Tμν

The future is probabilistic. We can model the wave function of the error to estimate the likelihood of reoccurrence.

Using standard values for the above equations, we get the following probabilities of reoccurrence.

1 year........2.98%
2 years......7.21%
3 years....12.56%
4 years....19.84%
5 years....28.11%

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Im still waiting for infinite probability to have my clothes folded already when i open the dryer. But yeah. Everything is possible given enough chances.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.