How to Wire Intellichem Transformer to Load Center

Markgrinceri

Apr 2, 2023
Celebration, fl
I'm installing a Pentair Intellichem system.

I have an Intermatic RC2163BFE load center. Here is the wiring diagram from the Intellichem manual. I am looking for some assistance as a complete newbie. I'm assuming I will need to wire this as 240VAC as it recommends connecting Intellichem to the pump relay load side? Is that correct or thoughts here?

If 240VAC, can you give me some step by step guidance. I was going to run 4 wires. white, red, black, and green between the load center and the intellichem. I only see that two wires are requires as per the diagram. Are these two wires just the load wires, i.e., black and red? Does it matter which load wire connects to the brown or white? what about Neutral or ground?

Is there anything I need to know about the Intermatic RC2163BFE load center side?

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 2.27.38 PM.png

I'm installing a Pentair Intellichem system.

I have an Intermatic RC2163BFE load center. Here is the wiring diagram from the Intellichem manual. I am looking for some assistance as a complete newbie. I'm assuming I will need to wire this as 240VAC as it recommends connecting Intellichem to the pump relay load side? Is that correct or thoughts here?

If 240VAC, can you give me some step by step guidance. I was going to run 4 wires. white, red, black, and green between the load center and the intellichem. I only see that two wires are requires as per the diagram. Are these two wires just the load wires, i.e., black and red? Does it matter which load wire connects to the brown or white? what about Neutral or ground?

Is there anything I need to know about the Intermatic RC2163BFE load center side?

View attachment 571153
That diagram is how to wire the transformer to the proper supply power. The wires at the bottom of the diagram would come from a breaker (240 VAC) or a breaker and the neutral bus (120 VAC). For 240 relay connection, the two wires at the bottom of the 240VAC diagram would attach, one each, the the LOAD side (usually terminal 2 and 4) of the relay.