Dunwoody, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I think we also had @KevMo advise use of MasterTemp FW 2.0. Also - I believe - that the MasterTemps don't have a path to a FW upgrade without replacing the control board. I've not seen any documentation on MasterTemp FW updates.

I think we also had @KevMo advise use of MasterTemp FW 2.0. Also - I believe - that the MasterTemps don't have a path to a FW upgrade without replacing the control board. I've not seen any documentation on MasterTemp FW updates.
This will thoroughly irritate me if true. I converted my non RS485 heater to RS485 and I am going to be furious if I have to buy another board for it to actually work as designed.

--Jeff

This will thoroughly irritate me if true. I converted my non RS485 heater to RS485 and I am going to be furious if I have to buy another board for it to actually work as designed.

--Jeff
I called in the workorder for my pump firmware and was told that since it's so easy they send a pentair employee (most likely the local sales rep) instead of a third party contractor. I plan to grill him/her thoroughly on this 😁

So 45 GPM is not that much and the Intelliflo could certainly handle that in addition to any other features you might have plus regular returns. You would just program the controller to increase the speed when those are on. You might want to have an actuated valve to turn them on and off as well.

Reactions: DSMinAtlanta
I'd recommend a robot instead of a pressure side cleaner. Much better cleaning performance and energy efficiency.
But still have the line put in and it can be hooked up whenever if you decide to change things.
Also, not sure of the gallon capacity of the pool but you may be able to step down to the next smaller heater and still have plenty heater for the pool size.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support