Plainfield, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Since I’ve owned the pool, it was here when I moved in, I have not messed with the pump settings outside of making sure the fountains were good. I was thinking of lowering my speed to save some energy this summer. My pump has typically been around 2500 rpm, and I run it 24/7. From my reading, many recommend setting it as low as you can to still work. The trouble is I don’t know what the threshold is in my system. Can anyone help me optimize my settings?

OK. So your Pool Mode should be the base RPM you need to run for the SWCG to operate. Set that Mode for the entire time you wish to run the pump each day. Be that 6 hours, 12 hours, etc. How long you run the Pool Mode depends on how much FC you need to generate each day, skimming, etc.
You determine that RPM by lowering it (I suggest starting at 1500 rpm) by 100 rpm increments until the SWCG Flow light goes Red. Then raise the RPM by 200 rpm and that is your base rpm.

Then use Feature Circuits to set any time you need a higher RPM (such as Fountains). You can schedule that to run within the time schedule set for Pool Mode. Or you can just have it in your App to run as you wish.

Do not mix RPM and GPM. I suggest you set everything up using RPM.
You show a Heater Active function, but no heater in your signature. Do you have a heater?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So you need to find the rpm the heater functions at and make that your Pool Heater Active Circuit.