Hayward System reading salt incorrectly

SaltwaterJulie

Apr 16, 2024
Commerce, MI
I could really use some help. I have a 32'x16' saltwater pool/spa combo, fiberglass, 12,500 gallons. I have had the pool for about 5 years. I have the Hayward Omnilogic system and last year it began shutting down the T-cell due to a "low salt error". I had my water tested at 3 different pool stores and they all said if anything, my salt was a bit high. So I bought a new T-Cell assuming mine had gone bad. I bought a slightly cheaper off-brand and it did not work from day one. Since it was later in the season, I spent the rest of the summer treating the pool like a traditional pool and adding chlorine. I ended up having to add Chlorine about every 2 days or it would go green. I just bought a new Hayward T-Cell- still saying low salt. I updated the software, installed a new flow switch, and I am just out of ideas on how to fix it.

I could really use some help. I have a 32'x16' saltwater pool/spa combo, fiberglass, 12,500 gallons. I have had the pool for about 5 years. I have the Hayward Omnilogic system and last year it began shutting down the T-cell due to a "low salt error". I had my water tested at 3 different pool stores and they all said if anything, my salt was a bit high. So I bought a new T-Cell assuming mine had gone bad. I bought a slightly cheaper off-brand and it did not work from day one. Since it was later in the season, I spent the rest of the summer treating the pool like a traditional pool and adding chlorine. I ended up having to add Chlorine about every 2 days or it would go green. I just bought a new Hayward T-Cell- still saying low salt. I updated the software, installed a new flow switch, and I am just out of ideas on how to fix it.
Welcome!

If the cell says low salt it could be dirty or the salt could be too low. The pool store testing is really a joke. Heres an article on why and how you should test uour own water.

You can also get a reliable salt test kit as a K-1766 to confirm the actual salt level.