First time with pool opening

Hi everyone, pretty new to pools and was just curious what the desired ranges would be to get the water balanced perfectly. Also, out of everything what are the most important? My local pool store was trying to sell me all sorts of stuff but want to make sure I'm worrying about things I need to worry about. Thanks in advance!

Post your test results from your TF Pro Salt Test kit and a description of the water (clear, cloudy, green) and you'll get whatever advice you need.

FC:
CC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
SALT:

If the pool is clear, sounds like you just need to test your CYA and FC. Other tests seem reasonable. You could mess around with bringing TA down but pH seems fine for a first test of the year.

Congrats on what may end up being a very easy opening!

Nope. We test for suitable water balance and sanitize with chlorine. If you are able to hold chlorine and the water looks clear and free of algae, no need to SLAM.

Awesome! Water is very clear, I turned the chlorinator on 10%, we haven't started heating the pool yet but will likely start tomorrow as this weekend looks pool weather friendly. Would you recommend to start higher or is 10% good for this early in the year?

The SWG % is hard to determine without some FC readings over time. Generally you would want to know / dial in your CYA level and then target FC based on that. It's worth the use of reagents to know where you are even though you just turned on the SWG. And if you are at or near zero, its probably worth adding some liquid chlorine just to bring your FC up to normal operating level and letting the SWG chlorinator maintain thereafter.

Reactions: newdude
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test for 2 reasons :

1) algae is microscopic and you can't see it until it's way, way, too late.

2) SLAM target FC is 12 at 30 CYA and 28 FC at 70 CYA for SWGs. It is a costly error in both funds and effort trying to maintain a higher slam target. You'd really, really. Like to know for a fact there will be no SLAMs needed before raising the CYA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
is 10% good for this early in the year?
That's only part of the equation.

Which ICXX do you have ? (Finish filling out your signature a little more specific :))

What's your runtime ?

Where are you located ? I've never heard of '7' before. :poke::ROFLMAO:

All 3 can make a huge difference in output for 32k gallons. Well any gallons really, but moreso for you. An 8k pool will be easily overpowered with any ICXX no matter the climate.

That's only part of the equation.

Which ICXX do you have ? (Finish filling out your signature a little more specific :))

What's your runtime ?

Where are you located ? I've never heard of '7' before. :poke::ROFLMAO:

All 3 can make a huge difference in output for 32k gallons. Well any gallons really, but moreso for you. An 8k pool will be easily overpowered with any ICXX no matter the climate.
I'll work on finishing my sig with more specifics, new to this so not really sure what I have. I think 7 is/was my post count? I am located in Michigan.

I'll work on finishing my sig with more specifics, new to this so not really sure what I have
That's OK and we exist to help. Post up pics :)

I think 7 is/was my post count?
Ha !!! It's 9 now and no location listed whatsoever. I'll try to fix it.

*edit, you're a Michagander now. (y)