Data from Aquarite

Hwmonkey

Aug 17, 2018
Daytona Beach, FL
I am wanting to communicate with the Aquarite Goldline SWG as well. I identified the RS485 port and bought an IoT wifi interface for it. I simply want to read values sent by the SWG (whatever they are) -- even just getting an error code to my home automation would make me thrilled, but other data would be nice.
  1. The manual referenced seems to suggest a jumper can configure this as Primary or Secondary (adobe page 16, printed page 13). In another thread, dflynn60 indicated it was ONLY the slave. Which is true? Does this mean I will not be able to get data from the SWG?
  2. The circuit board and manual do not seem to indicate whether external 12V DC is required, or if the port is supplying it. I am not getting 12V out of it. I am getting 0.11V DC. So, I am guessing I am to supply it? I do not want to fry the board by the wrong assumption, so please confirm.
  3. I see a transformer in the box with 12V DC. I assume you guys are using this one?
  4. What communication setting are you using (e.g. 9600 baud, even, 1 stop bit)?
Thanks again for help

Moved from here.

Last edited:
You should try the nodejs folks on GitHub who hack the protocols.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.