Construction of a rooftop cocktail pool diagram

Driskguys

Sep 19, 2022
Mauritius
Hello guys,
I'm designing a small pool to be constructed on the roof. According to the volume calculation, it will hold roughly 6500 liters of Water. Any suggestion how many HP pump should i use?
Here is the draft of the piping diagram. Any comments is most welcome.

Thanks,
DriskPool_piping_2022.jpgrooftop-design.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jim,
The roof structure is reinforced concrete with metal bar.
The equipment will be placed on a small roof 0.90m below main roof level. I've attached a mockup diagram.

Thanks for your reply,
Drisk

Attachments

• Structure.png
    Structure.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 17
Well, not much information on that particular pump. The XKP904 is a 900 watt (1.25HP) pump which is on the large side for such a small pool The smaller 600 watt (0.75HP) version might be better suited. I'll ping @mas985 for more input.

I like sand filters for larger pools, but for a smaller pool, maybe a cartridge filter would be more convenient (especially on a rooftop).

I was checking this pool pump which is available near my area.

LEO XKP904

is it too powerful for the pool? Also shall i use Sand filter or Cartridge filter?
That is a very low head pump so not very powerful.

However, it could be too small depending on the requirements of the "waterfall". Is that a sheer descent? How long is it?

Rule of thumb for sheer descents is about 12 GPM/ft although it is best to target a little higher to make sure you get that. But that is in addition to the normal returns if you want both operational at the same time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello @mas985
Thank you for your response, the water spillway will be place at a height of around 3 M above the pool pump. It will have 30CM length ..a bit like this.
The water feature will optional or on/off by a ball valve. Depending on the budget, we may exclude it on the planning
I was checking other distributors at my location.
Will a 0.5 HP pool pump work with this P350 filter? It was suggested by the shop... FILTER

@wireform , thanks. I was thinking about this, the part of which we will build the soak pool was reinforced with steel bar when pouring the roof slabs. We have redesigned the size of the pool to
1.8M X 3M X 0.8 Depth.. About 4.3m3 / 4300 lts. or 0.9 ( 4.8m3)

Appreciate everyone suggestions & help :)

Last edited:
A small sheer such as that won't require much in the way of flow rate so pretty much any pump will do although 3M is a pretty high lift. Is that 3M above water level too?

However, the filter flow rate rating is fairly low. HP rating of a pump tells me very little about the pump. What is the make/model?

Have you thought about a pump/filter combo unit? They are typically matched for each other and can be more cost effective than purchasing separately.

These will work if below water level:

Hello @mas985,

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, i cannot get those combo kit at my location.

The 3m height is above the pump inc the height of the pool around 1m. The pump will always be below water level.

However, i managed to get a quote with a 0.5hp pump and a 18 inch sand filter.
I've attached pictures (specifications of those) in the post.

Let me know if those are good.

Thanks,
Have a nice day :)

Attachments

• IMG-20220930-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220930-WA0005.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20220930-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220930-WA0003.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.