DFW - Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My filter pump wasn't running this morning and I think the capacitor is bad. I have a spare that was intended for a booster pump that was abandoned. Can I use this spare to replace the filter pump capacitor that went belly-up? The one that went belly-up is on the left.

TIAcapacitors.jpeg

Get the 30 uf capacitor! A run capacitor uf rating is a balance between needed starting torque and running efficiency under load that has been determined when the motor/compressor is run within a specific set of parameters. Deviation from the specified uf rating can cause both loss of efficiency and early failure of the motor. It is ok to replace a 30uf/370V capacitor with a 30uf/440V capacitor, you can always go higher on the voltage rating (Max) but never lower.

Get the 30 uf capacitor! A run capacitor uf rating is a balance between needed starting torque and running efficiency under load that has been determined when the motor/compressor is run within a specific set of parameters. Deviation from the specified uf rating can cause both loss of efficiency and early failure of the motor. It is ok to replace a 30uf/370V capacitor with a 30uf/440V capacitor, you can always go higher on the voltage rating (Max) but never lower.
30 it is. Pump is up and running. Thanks y'all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.