Caldera spa shell problems

Apr 6, 2015
Davenport
Hi All, recently bought this tub and it has shell issues and wondering if it's anything I can have repaired, has anyone ever seen issues like this, the clear coat has gone hazy in places and there are also little spots of bubbling. When you rub your hands on it you can't feel any obvious clear coat issues and it's not flaking or anything, I paid $2500 for it so I really don't mind as it's only 4 years old but just wondering if there is a solution...maybe the previous owner over chlorinated it for a long time to keep it from turning.

Has anyone ever re clear coated a tub before?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20240507_192318.jpg
    20240507_192318.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240507_182306.jpg
    20240507_182306.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 13
The haze is likely scale (calcium). While you can discolor acrylic, it's not easy. Try a magic eraser on it.
Have to say, a 4 year old caldera with acrylic bubbles is absurd. You can't cause delamination like that, it's a manufacturing defect that watkins figured out how to avoid decades ago. There is no good reason for this.

Thank you RDspaguy I appricate that, its odd I can't see to manually removing that hazing, I tried a tiny bit of acid in one area too and didn't touch it but yet you can now see where we move around the spa its gone clear again...not sure what we are doing to make it do this but I need to do the rest of the tub, magic eraser didn't touch or a scrub daddy! Odd, any ideas? I reached out to Caldera with a nice message..you never know! I would have been ****** if it had happened on a brand new tub!