Blowing out lines-water level

Sep 2, 2018
Elkton, Maryland
My first time blowing out lines. Would it be alright to lower the water level just below the returns and Polaris in order to blowout the lines? I just want to make sure I get all of the water out. Then I would fill the pool back up. I'm going to buy a pancake compressor and a 5hp Shop Vac just to have all bases covered.

Welcome to the TFP pool! :splash:

Can you please update your location to include your state. many times advice is geographically specific and may be different between Elkton, Maryland, Elkton, Oregon or Elkton, Florida.

Pool Tony:

Please update the location in your signature or name. If you are going to go out and spend all this money on a pancake compressor and a real good shop vacuum (which of course you can use for many things around the home), the cost would be the same as a Cyclone (Pool Blower). If you lower the water below the returns to close the pool, you still may have an issue with the main drain.

Please provide us some details on the pool as follows:

1) How many returns?

2) How many skimmers?

3) Do you have a main drain?

4) How far is the equipment pad (pump and filter) from everything?

Below you will find my post on how I close a swimming pool and other links that are extremely helpful.

Concept of closing an IG Swimming Pool

The concept of closing an in ground swimming pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.